Our Customer, a leading Turkish fashion retailer, was looking for a way to cost-effectively simplify its business and improve its e-commerce platform. To achieve this, They partnered with Google Cloud Premier Partner NGC.
They have also been able to reduce costs by using Google Cloud’s wide selection of Compute Engine machine types to scale more accurately and improve security by using Google Cloud’s security services. They have also developed a more scalable technology platform that will meet current and future customer demand as the company innovates in e-commerce.
Overall, their migration to Google Cloud have been a success. They have been able to achieve their goals of simplifying their business, improving their e-commerce platform, and reducing costs.
NGC helped our customer to:
- Assess their inventory
- Migrate their e-commerce platform to Google Cloud
- Create new virtual machines on Google Cloud
- Optimize and utilize their cloud product usage
- Develop a plan to work with a Kubernetes environment for microservices
- Increase security with services offered through Google Cloud Products
- Provide guidance on how to operate their Google Cloud instances of GKE to achieve Committed Use Discounts (CUDs) and Sustained Use Discounts (SUDs)
As a result of migrating to Google Cloud, They have been able to improve both site performance and customer experience. The company is now able to deliver error-free experiences to nearly 4x more daily users during peak seasons.
In addition, They also have been able to:
- Reduce costs by using Google Cloud’s wide selection of Compute Engine machine types to scale more accurately
- Improve security by using Google Cloud’s security services
- Develop a more scalable technology platform that will meet current and future customer demand as the company innovates in e-commerce
Benefits of migrating to Google Cloud
- Improved performance and customer experience: E-commerce platform is now able to handle more traffic and deliver a better customer experience, even during peak seasons.
- Reduced costs: Reduced costs by using Google Cloud’s scalable and cost-effective infrastructure.
- Improved security: Improved its security posture by using Google Cloud’s security services.
- Increased scalability: A more scalable technology platform that will meet its current and future customer demand.
Their migration to Google Cloud have been a success story. The company has been able to achieve its goals of simplifying its business, improving its e-commerce platform, and reducing costs.
Challenge: Our customer, an online car marketplace in Turkey, was using Azure to host its workloads. However, They were looking for a more cost-effective and scalable cloud platform. They also wanted to take advantage of Google’s DevOps pipelines and data processing and AI and machine learning capabilities to improve its customer experience.
Solution: Google Cloud worked with our customer to develop a migration plan for moving its workloads from Azure to GCP. The migration plan included the following steps:
- Assessment and discovery: Our customer and NGC worked together to assess and discover workload. This involved identifying the applications, data, and infrastructure that would be migrated to GCP.
- Cloud foundation: NGC helped to build a cloud foundation for its workloads on GCP. This involved setting up the necessary infrastructure and services, such as Compute Engine, Cloud SQL, and Cloud Load Balancing.
- Migration: NGC helped to migrate its workloads from Azure to GCP. This involved using a variety of migration tools and techniques, such as Cloud Data Transfer Service and Migrate for Compute Engine.
- Optimization: NGC helped to optimize its cloud environment for cost and performance. This involved identifying areas where our customer could save money and improve performance.
Results: Our customer was able to successfully migrate all of its workloads from Azure to GCP. They are now saving on its cloud costs and has improved its customer experience by using GCP’s DevOps and Data products and machine learning capabilities.
Benefits: They have benefited from the following benefits by migrating to GCP:
- Cost savings: Saving on its cloud costs by using GCP.
- Scalability: Now easily scale its cloud environment to meet its changing needs.
- Performance: Improved the performance of its applications by using GCP’s high-performance infrastructure.
- Innovation: Taken advantage of Google cloud capabilities to improve its customer experience.
Conclusion: Our customer migration to GCP was a success story. Now They are saving money, have improved the performance of its applications, and are able to innovate faster by using Google Cloud’s capabilities.